- RSS Channel Showcase 8383134
- RSS Channel Showcase 1540110
- RSS Channel Showcase 3892054
- RSS Channel Showcase 2624962
Articles on this Page
- 04/18/13--17:44: _Part #80: Tree stru...
- 04/18/13--18:05: _Part #81: Tree stru...
- 04/18/13--18:36: _Part #82: Tree stru...
- 04/18/13--19:04: _Part #83: Tree stru...
- 04/18/13--20:10: _Part #84: What is a...
- 04/21/13--04:38: _Part #85: What is a...
- 05/01/13--21:48: _Part #86: Coding in...
- 07/12/13--16:55: _Part #87: Cubix 360...
- 08/09/13--03:22: _Part #88: 3D WBS at...
- 09/12/13--09:33: _Part #88: My fifth ...
- 09/12/13--10:32: _Part #89: The Time-...
- 09/15/13--20:09: _Part #90: Cost Brea...
- 09/17/13--02:07: _Part #91: Three rea...
- 09/21/13--02:09: _Part #92: Cubix360 ...
- 09/26/13--21:40: _Part #93: Why to st...
- 11/15/13--22:43: _Part #94: Cubix360 ...
- 12/03/13--05:54: _Part #95: 3D WBS an...
- 01/29/14--23:08: _Part #96: Thoughts ...
- 01/31/14--22:29: _Part #97: Quotes ab...
- 02/01/14--23:40: _Part #98: Importanc...
- 04/18/13--17:44: Part #80: Tree structures of a metro line project
- 04/18/13--18:05: Part #81: Tree structures of a Fertilizer treatment plant project
- 04/18/13--18:36: Part #82: Tree structures of a hydroelectric power plant project
- 04/18/13--19:04: Part #83: Tree structures of a Light Railway project
- 04/18/13--20:10: Part #84: What is an interface?
- 04/21/13--04:38: Part #85: What is a multidimentional WBS?
- 05/01/13--21:48: Part #86: Coding in 3D of the tasks’ID
- 07/12/13--16:55: Part #87: Cubix 360 software
- 08/09/13--03:22: Part #88: 3D WBS at the 27th World Congres 2013 of the IPMA
- 09/12/13--09:33: Part #88: My fifth book about Project Management
- 09/12/13--10:32: Part #89: The Time-Product diagram
- 09/15/13--20:09: Part #90: Cost Breakdown Structure
- 09/17/13--02:07: Part #91: Three reasons to use Cubix360 software
- 09/21/13--02:09: Part #92: Cubix360 software overview
- First you create the Referential: PBS, ABS and ZBS;
- Then the structuration of the project: you deploy Activities on Products and you assign Product into Zones;
- Then you do the relashionships: of type Zone, Product and Activity;
- Then you define the durations: Generic duration weighted by Zones;
- And then you generate the schedule to be exported to PRIMAVERA P6 or MS PROJECT.
- 09/26/13--21:40: Part #93: Why to structure well a project (in 3D)?
- To manage well the project in terms of costs and time,
- To integrate the projects of the portfolio between them,
- To consolidate the information on the portfolio of projects,
- To sort, filter, group, find easily the information,
- To homogenize the projects between them,
- To link the costs and the time,
- To give clear instructions to the subcontractors for the structuring of their schedules,
- To have very explicit names of tasks,
- To have a freedom to grouping the tasks,
- To turn and turn over the schedule in all the directions,
- To connect the various disciplines of the management of project,
- To have a clear definition of the workpackage,
- To better communicate into the project team,
- To help the stakeholders to read the schedule, understand and visualize what is meant to happen,
- To capitalize the information.
- 11/15/13--22:43: Part #94: Cubix360 software video demo
- 12/03/13--05:54: Part #95: 3D WBS and 4D BIM
- 01/29/14--23:08: Part #96: Thoughts of Xavier Leynaud
- 2 of The 3 type of codification (ABS & PBS) are fully able to be standardize in the company without fight (even if you should be careful with” PBS” that in fact is 2 codes and decompose it for the exercise in pure PBS and SBS to match the need of some of the phase of the ABS because you began to think functionnaly, then you go through the product, before finishing functionnaly)
- ZBS is specific to each project and can support the instantiation of the product (but could follow some guideline in its definition in particular the unicity of each code - no overlap-)
- Different level of each of the structure could be mixed at different stage of the project and depending the use of your WBS to create the project WBS (you can have a detail difference in your WBS for procurement and manufacturing because you manufacture some items for example), and the approach is still coherent,
- When you create your mix with the OBS to obtain the share of work, you obtain as more difficult interface than the fundamental dimension of the WBS component are far in the concerned branch of the code (that lead to create an allocation of the package reducing those gaps to simplify the interface).
- 01/31/14--22:29: Part #97: Quotes about 3D WBS and Cubix360
- 02/01/14--23:40: Part #98: Importance of the PBS
Product Breakdown Structure
Product Breakdown Structure
System Breakdown Structure
Product Breakdown Structure
The only difference between the multi-dimensional WBS and generic coding structures lies in their links to one another. (See the work of Jean Yves Moine) IF all you do is create coding structures but there is no relationship or connection between them, then all you have are a bunch of sort codes.
But when you structure them TOGETHER (through the activities or lower levels of the WBS) now you start to see and analyze relationships BETWEEN them....... i.e. just like you can analyze float in two dimensions using the forward pass/backwards pass information, picture if you will being able to analyze the distance between any two or more activities not in a SINGLE dimension but in THREE dimensions.
Dr. PDG, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
By Dr. Paul D. Giammalvo, CDT, CCE, MScPM, MRICS
Plan your projects up to 10 times faster than usual with 3D WBS method.
Plan quickly and well, with 3D WBS method, MS PROJECT or PRIMAVERA P6 schedules.
To contact the software editor myAMS to try it or to buy it: email@example.com
3DWBS method offers truemulti-dimensionalschedules, since the elementary structuresof the scheduleare linked: ABS (Activity),PBS(Product) and ZBS (Zone).
The challengeof the planning oftomorrow isto have astandardcodification of tasksfor BIMprecisely.
WBS is dead, because 3D WBS allow you to keep it “relational” instead of hierarchicaland this does the trick with a lot of things, specialy with those “fuc…” computerized financial management systems called ERP that most of the time impose to you a 20 digits codification (when not more) to link everything when a anonymous code will be greater if you use the 4 codes composing the 3D.